Motocross Racing Bikes
Welcome to the 4th Annual Ironman National. This year's Ironman National will once again mark the season finale of the 2017 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, sanctioned by AMA Pro Racing.
Cruising up to the Ironman National, not far from the motorsports mecca of Indianapolis, Indiana, you’ll see picturesque views of small town America. The late summer date produces porch weather, and that draws all the locals, who marvel at the professional cavalcade that has rolled into their town. You get a sense that this race offers up everything you want in a big-time motocross race….well, except one thing. The land surrounding the track looks flat. Where are the hills? Where’s the elevation change? Can this possibly work?
You park your crew in the huge flat field—perfect for camping and pitting, and head out to check out the big rigs in the easily accessible pro pits. Then you walk toward the track and suddenly something happens: the ground opens up, drops down, and practically swallows the race track whole. The Ironman Raceway track doesn’t just offer up elevation change, it offers up some of the biggest, steepest combinations of jumps and hills in the entire series, including Godzilla, a massive uphill jump.
You’ve already sensed that the rest of the track is perfect: The dirt, the obstacles, the sightlines. Add in those hills, and you’ve got pure motocross. By the end of the day that deep soil grows hugely rough and rutted, and only those wise in old-school motocross techniques like standing up and changing lines-riding smarter instead of harder—can succeed.
This track makes a fitting season finale, too. The dynamic terrain seems almost like a combination of every track in the series, all rolled into one place. Indiana is said to be the crossroads of America, and the Ironman National track is the perfect crossroads to determine America’s motocross champions each year.
- Friday Fly Racing Amateur Racing, featuring Fly Racing Contingency (See Amateur Racing tab for details)
- Friday Night “Pizza Party with the Pros” for ages 12 & under at the Lucas Oil First Class Zone @ 6:00 PM. Meet some of the top 250 pro riders and the lovely Lucas Oil Girls for some fun, food, games and autographs, compliments of Lucas Oil.
- Friday Night Pit Bike Race @ 7:00 PM (See tab for details)
- Friday Night Live Band @ 9:00 – 11:00 PM
- Saturday test your skills at the Rock Wall and Gyroscope in Sponsor Village
- Saturday visit the Legends and Heroes Moto Museum in Sponsor Village for an up-close and personal look back at 51 years of American Motocross
- Saturday marvel at Tom’s Tractor Toys on display in Sponsor Village. This unique and historic collection of vintage tractors and farm implements will certainly impress any hard-working Hoosier.
- Saturday, are you a GNCC Race fan? Wear your GNCC Racing event t-shirt and join us for an exclusive GNCC Track Walk and climb Godzilla, time TBA.
- Sunday Amateur Racing, AMA Indiana State Championship and Rd 10 of the GLMX Mafia Series (See tab for details)
- Free Motorcycle Parking and Gear/Helmet Check
- Grandstand seating
- Open Air Festival seating
- Nearly 100% Track Viewing from a variety of vantage points
- Infield Track Viewing via Three Track Tunnels
- Covered Super Ticket VIP Viewing Areas with live timing and scoring, private restrooms, and catering
- Handicap Viewing Area
- Large interactive Sponsor Village
- Legends and Heroes Display
- State-of-the-art sound system
- Event Simulcast on FM Radio
- Food, Soft Drink and Beer Concessions
- Onsite Free Parking for VIP
- Convenient Handicap Parking
- Easy Entry/Exit
- Onsite Camping
- Tom's Marine Sales
- MacAllister CAT
1389 West 200 South
Crawfordsville IN 7933
- Saturday Parking Fee: $10/vehicle
- Gates open Thursday @ Noon and close midnight to 6 am daily. Please plan accordingly.
- Be prepared to show credentials at all security checkpoints
- General Information: located at the Main Entrance/Gate 1
- Will Call: Follow the signs to Will Call, located right off St Rd. 47
- Security: Headquartered at Main Entrance/Gate 1
- Lost & Found: located at Announcer Tower
- No glass bottles allowed on property
- No drones or remote control aircraft permitted
- No pets allowed in main fan areas on Saturday
- No pit vehicles. No pit bikes, quads, scooters golf carts, UTVs, etc.
- Do not take banners. Banners and event signage are the private property of the promoter. Removal of these items is illegal and punishable by law. You will be prosecuted for theft.
- Responsibility. Motocross racing, like all motorsports can be dangerous. When you enter the grounds you assume the risk of injury and/or damage. It is your responsibility to keep yourself and your children. Be aware of their location at all times. Never turn you back to oncoming racers.
- Keep your radio tuned to MXFM 88.3 FM for up-to-date announcements, racing news, interviews and information throughout the weekend. Although we have a public address system, the best way to stay tuned is to tune in.